Add to favorites
Port-La-Forêt, the marina of La Forêt-Fouesnant welcomes this Friday 28 and Saturday 29 July 2023 the Tour du Finistère à la Voile.
The mythical race
The Sailing Tour of Finistère, the “ Tourduf as the regulars call it, will celebrate in 2023 its 37th editing ! An event that brings together around a hundred boats from 7 to 16 meters each year to race for a week around Finistère in a competitive but friendly spirit. This new edition will take place from July 24 to 29, 2023.
Organized by the Departmental Sailing Committee of Finistère, and with the support of the department.
On Thursday 27 July competitors will be able, in the bay of Douarnenez, the sardine capital, play a new card during a "Banana" course and at the end of the afternoon, departure for the night stage which will take the boats to Port-La-Forêt, La Foret-Fouesnant where the arrival is scheduled for Friday 28 July in the morning.
For the final stage on Saturday July 29 to close this 37 edition, a coastal course is planned in the Baie de la Forêt before the prize-giving ceremony at the end of the day in Port-La-Forêt, La Forêt-Fouesnant.
Arrival in Port-La-Forêt on Saturday July 29
- Friday 28 July: night stage Douarnenez – Port-La-Forêt
Arrival of the boats in Port-La-Forêt in the morning.
- Saturday July 29: final step – regatta in the Bay of La Forêt
– 10:00 a.m.: departure
– 16:00 p.m.: award ceremony for the Tour du Finistère à la Voile 2023
Animated meal – Saturday July 29
Saturday 29 July: mussels and fries evening, musical entertainment and popular ball.
Oyster bar from 12:00 p.m.
Meals from 19:00 p.m.
- Mussels: 7€
- Fries: 3€
- Children's menu – ham and fries: €5
- 1/2 dozen oysters: €6
–>TICKETS ON SALE AT THE FORET-FOUESNANT TOURIST OFFICE.
The stages of the race
- Stage 1: Roscoff → Aber Wrac'h: Monday July 24
- Stage 2: L'Aber Wrac'h → Brest: Tuesday 25 July
- Stage 3: Brest → Douarnenez: Wednesday 26 July
- Stage 4: Douarnenez → Port-La-Forêt, La Forêt-Fouesnant: on the night of Thursday July 27 to Friday July 28
- Stage 5: Port-La-Forêt, La Forêt-Fouesnant → Port-La-Forêt, La Forêt-Fouesnant: Saturday 29 July
The boats will leave the port of Bloscon in Roscoff on Monday July 24 to reach the Aber Wrac'h channel in the afternoon. On July 25, they will travel 40 miles with the contrary current in the Four channel to then reach the harbor of Brest on the downslope. The stage on Wednesday July 26 will be shorter. After leaving the harbor of Brest, the competitors will take its narrow gully to skirt the coasts of the Crozon peninsula, before reaching the port of Tréboul in Douarnenez. You will then have to sneak between the impressive heaps of peas at the Pointe de Penhir. The longest stage will connect Douarnenez to Port-La-Forêt, La Forêt-Fouesnant on the night of July 27 to 28 via the Raz de Sein and its spring tides.